The North Carolina Military Business Center will host the 2012 North Carolina Federal Construction (FEDCON) & Infrastructure Summit in Wilmington at the Wilmington Convention Center on October 10-11, 2012.
The FEDCON Summit will bring together over 800 representatives of the Corps of Engineers, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, United States Coast Guard, Department of Veterans Affairs, GSA Public Buildings Service, other federal agencies and installations, general and specialty contractors, designers and construction suppliers in NC.
- The FEDCON Summit is the premier best-established and most-recognized federal construction event in NC. Businesses who are already engaged or want to perform in the federal market will want to attend. Dialogue sessions will address future projects, acquisition strategies and issues related to procurement and execution of projects at military bases and facilities in NC and SC.
- Other Summit sessions will address critical and timely topics, including small business programs and utilization, budget impacts, contracting processes and pre-award, post-award and legal issues in federal construction and engineering contracting
- Summit “speed networking” sessions allow businesses to meet one-on-one and market themselves to representatives of every federal agency that procures construction- and engineering-related services in NC and SC, including DoD, US Coast Guard, VA, GSA Public Buildings Service, etc.
- Summit networking and trade show activities allow businesses to market their services and products to over 700 general contractors, specialty contractors, engineers, architects and suppliers
- In addition to the Summit on October 11, networking opportunities with all FEDCON attendees include a pre-Summit social on October 10, riverside adjacent to the Wilmington Convention Center.
The Summit program will focus on new federal construction, sustainment, restoration and modernization (SRM) and energy-related construction opportunities and federal contracting processes in NC. The program will include presentations, panel discussions, breakout sessions, a vendor expo and speed networking. Registration is now open. The full agenda is available here.