Economists at the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, which covers DC, MD, NC, SC, VA and WV, are surveying NC contractors.
(Please identify your territory and line of business)
Major geographic areas (states or metros) that you cover:
Major line of business:
1. Has private construction activity increased, decreased, or remained steady in the past 3 months, adjusting for the usual seasonal factors?
In what sectors or areas has your firm experienced a pick-up in activity?
In what sectors or areas has your firm experienced a decline in activity?
Has government-related construction activity increased, decreased, or remained steady in the past 3 months, adjusting for the usual seasonal factors?
2. If you are seeing any price changes for construction-related materials at this time:
What construction-related materials have increased in price in the past three months?
Are these being passed on?
What construction-related materials have decreased in price in the past three months?
Do you expect prices you pay for materials to increase, decrease, or remain unchanged over the next three months?
3. Was obtaining credit/financing easier, harder, or unchanged over the past three months?
4. What is your outlook for the nonresidential construction sector over the next three months?
Has your outlook changed from three months ago?
5. If your business has been improving over the last year, roughly how much of that improvement would you attribute to construction-related needs generated by the exploration of the Marcellus Shale and other energy sources? _______%
From what specific energy related needs has your company been benefiting?