Ready for a dose of bureaucratic training?
If you want to take on projects on naval and army sites, you may find this notification from the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) of the Carolinas daunting, but necessary.
“In accordance with the U.S. Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) requirements, the Contractor Quality Control (CQC) System Manager on all Navy and Army administered construction contracts, must have successfully completed this Construction Quality Management (CQM) certification course no later than 60 days following the notice-to-proceed,” ABC Carolinas reported. “The purpose of this certification is to familiarize all quality management personnel with the NAVFAC and USACE CQM policies.”
Classes begin at 7:30 a.m at the Hilton Garden Inn, 5265 International Bvld. N. Charleston, SC. The fee is $225 for ABC members and $310 for non-members. For more information, see the flyer here.
Here is a list of other ABC Carolinas training courses for 2016.
- April 28 CHC Exam Review Course-Triangle – 3 spots left
- May 5 CQM Training-New Bern – 10 spots left
- May 20 CPR / First Aid Training-Fayetteville – 8 spots left
- May 23-26 OSHA 10/30 Training-Columbia – 10 spots left
- June 2,3,9,10 OSHA 10/30 Training-Triad – 10 spots left
- July 15 CPR / First Aid Training – Triangle
- June 17 CPR / First Aid Training-Charlotte – 15 spots let
- June 21CQM Training – LowCountry SC – 15 spots open
- July 21 CQM Training-New Bern
- July 25-28 OSHA 10/30 Training-Coastal
- August 19 CPR / First Aid Training-Triad
- August 22-25 OSHA 10/30 Training-Low Country
- September 15 CQM Training-New Bern
- September 16 CPR / First Aid Training-Columbia
- October 24-27 OSHA 10/30 Training-Fayetteville
- November 3 CQM Training-New Bern
- November 18 CPR / First Aid Training-Charlotte
- December 16 CPR / First Aid Training-Low Country
For more information, contact Brittany Hyder, director of training/safety/member services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the office (919) 267-6428 or cellular (919) 880-0159.