Atrium Health has broken ground on a new hospital campus called Atrium Health Union West.
The hospital will offer emergency, inpatient and outpatient care in Union County to better support the needs of the community. As an extension of Atrium Health Union in Monroe, NC, this new location is part of Atrium Health’s continuing efforts to address the accelerated community growth seen in this area and will ensure that Union County residents continue to have local access to world-class inpatient and outpatient care.
Atrium Health Union West will be located at the intersection of Independence Boulevard/Highway 74 and Stallings Road in Stallings, NC. With an estimated completion in early 2022, Atrium Health Union West will be an approximate 150,000 square foot facility and will include:
- 40 licensed acute care beds, including 30 medical/surgical acute care beds, six labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum (LDRP) rooms, and four intensive care unit (ICU) beds
- 10 emergency department bays that will be open 24 hours a day and seven days a week, with an available helipad
- Two operating rooms, one gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy suite and one cesarean delivery (C-section) operating room
- Imaging services, including mobile magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computerized tomography (CT), x-ray/fluoroscopy, ultrasound, and nuclear medicine
- Laboratory and pharmacy services
“Atrium Health Union has provided outstanding medical services to Union County residents for decades, but the tremendous growth in this community has created the need for a new state-of-the-art hospital that will provide a full range of services” said Mike Lutes, senior vice president and market president, South Market, Atrium Health.
“As a practicing Obstetrician and Gynecologist in Union County, many of my patients are young mothers seeking world-class care close to home,” said Natasha Adams-Denny, MD, Atrium Health. “Plans for Atrium Health Union West reveal a space that will be unlike many hospitals. Great effort was put into designing a calming patient and visitor experience that feels less like a hospital and more like a resort with its fresh, modern look.”
Atrium Health is committed to providing the highest quality care, comprehensive services and convenient access to all our patients, including those in the Stallings and Indian Trail communities we are privileged to serve in western Union County.