North Carolina Construction News staff writer
Winston Salem’s planning and development services department will host a community meeting tonight, one of a series of meetings scheduled through October to gather input for a new comprehensive plan, Forward 2045.
The Oct. 18 meeting will be held at the Alice Watts Tuttle Community Center, 4225 Tobaccoville Road, from 6 to 8 p.m.
The new plan will be the official public document that guides future development decisions and covers topics including housing, economic development, community services and amenities, and sustainability.
Comments gathered at the meetings this month will be used to draft the vision, goals, and recommendations for Forward 2045.
All meetings will begin with a presentation followed by a series of interactive activities and will cover the same information. Spanish translation will be available at the meetings on Oct. 23, and 30.
Remaining Forward 2045 Public Outreach meeting schedule:
- 19 – Walkertown Library, 2969 Main Street from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- 23 – Forsyth County Social Services Building, 741 Highland Ave, Winston-Salem, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm
- 24 – Union Cross Elementary School – Gym, 4300 High Point Road, Kernersville, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- 25 – Mary Alice Warren Community Center, 7632 Warren Park Drive, Lewisville, 6 to 8 p.m.
- 30 – South Fork Community Center – Ballroom, 4403 Country Club Road, Winston-Salem, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Click here to complete a survey on the Forward 2045 plan.