The North Carolina Military Business Center will host the 2016 Southeast Federal Construction (FEDCON) Infrastructure and Environment Summit in Wilmington at the Wilmington Convention Center on October 26 and 27.
The FEDCON Summit will bring together more than 700 representatives of the Corps of Engineers, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, United States Coast Guard, Department of Veterans Affairs, GSA Public Buildings Service, other federal agencies and installations, general and specialty contractors, designers and construction suppliers in the Carolinas as well as Virginia and Georgia.
Program details include:
- “Program and Issues Dialogues” address future projects and acquisition strategies, contractor experiences, teaming and supplier opportunities and other issues related to acquisition and execution of projects at military bases and government throughout the Southeast. These sessions also include information on federal opportunities in environmental engineering and remediation, energy and horizontal infrastructure (including roads and intersections, water, wastewater, natural gas and other utilities)
- Other Summit sessions address critical and timely topics, including supplier, service contract and public-private opportunities, small business programs and utilization, budget impacts, contracting processes and pre- and post-award legal issues for federal contractors
- Summit “meet and greet” sessions allow businesses to meet one-on-one and market themselves to federal agencies that buy construction, public works, environmental and engineering services and products in VA, NC, SC and GA.
- Summit networking and trade show activities allow businesses to market their services and products to over 700 general contractors, specialty contractors, engineers, architects and suppliers
- In addition, pre-Summit networking opportunities on October 26 include a golf event hosted and organized by the Cape Fear Post of the Society of American Military Engineers, educational sessions (outlined below), and an evening Summit Social sponsored by Gregory Poole and Caterpillar at Ironclad Brewery in downtown Wilmington – a huge hit from 2011-2015.
North Carolina Construction News, represented by Bob Kruhm, will be participating in this event.