“All 14 divisions are busy issuing contracts to help support our forces as they both prepare, respond and recover from Hurricane Florence,” NCMBC writes.
The announcement continues:
Disaster preparedness is a long process, and we are encouraging firms to come on board now. NCDOT is looking for firms to help with hauling, debris removal, bridge repair, traffic control, tree trimming, grading, excavation, demolition, and pipe work to name a few, but your company must be prequalified to do this type work with NCDOT.
Emergency contract opportunities
Work Code opportunities include:
- 0050 – Hauling (Not Asphalt)
- 0055 – Hauling (including Asphalt)
- 0200 – Clearing & Grubbing
- 0210 – Removal & Demolition
- 0310 – Pipe Installation
- 1105 – Traffic Control
- 1651 – Tree Removal & Landscaping
- 6000 – Debris Removal
- 6010 – Cut & Shove
- 0099 – Other (Can include Bridge Repair)
NCDOT contact information