The 2015 Southeast Region Federal Construction, Infrastructure and Environmental (FEDCON) Summit will take place at the Wilmington Convention Center on Oct. 28-29 in Wilmington, NC, the North Carolina Military Business Center (NCMBC) and the offices of Senators Richard Burr and Thom Tillis have announced.
The FEDCON Summit brings together over 650 representatives of: four Districts and the South Atlantic Division of the Corps of Engineers; Naval Facilities Engineering Command; Fort Bragg; Marine Corps Installations East/Camp Lejeune; Seymour Johnson AFB; Forts Stewart (GA), Jackson (SC), Belvoir and Lee (VA); the NC National Guard; US Coast Guard; Department of Veterans Affairs; General Services Administration; other federal agencies; and general and specialty contractors, designers and construction suppliers from throughout the Southeast US.
“The FEDCON Summit is the premier, best-established and most-recognized federal construction event in the Southeast,” said NCMBC executive director Scott Dorney “FEDCON networking and trade show activities allow businesses to market their services and products directly to over 650 military and federal participants and to other general contractors, specialty contractors, engineers, architects and suppliers. Businesses that are already engaged or that want to perform in the federal market need to be there.”
An expansion of previous Summits, FEDCON 2015 will include military and federal agencies from Virginia, South Carolina and Georgia, as well as North Carolina. Corps of Engineers Districts from Savannah, Charleston, Wilmington and Norfolk, the Commanding General of the Corps’ South Atlantic Division headquarters in Atlanta, and Naval Facilities Engineering Command offices from Norfolk and Jacksonville, FL will participate.
“This year, we’ve expanded the FEDCON Summit from a traditional North Carolina installation and facility focus to a broader program, to include other southeastern states,” said Dorney. “North Carolina construction-related companies are well suited and positioned to do work with installations throughout the Southeast. There are tremendous opportunities for North Carolina companies to compete for, win and expand jobs through federal contracts both in our state and throughout the region.”
Special Guests Include:
- Major General Al Aycock, director of operations, Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff for Installation Management (OACSIM)
- Brigadier General C. David Turner, commander, US Army Corps of Engineers, South Atlantic Division
- Dr. Larry McCallister, director of regional business, US Army Corps of Engineers, South Atlantic Division
- Dr. Dorothy Robyn, former deputy under secretary of defense for installations and environment and former commissioner, Public Buildings Service, General Services Administration
- Torre J. Jessup, regional administrator, Southeast Sunbelt Region, General Services Administration
FEDCON “Program and Issues Dialogues” will address future projects and acquisition strategies (by military and government panelists), contractor experiences, teaming and supplier opportunities (by industry participants) and other issues related to acquisition and execution of projects at military bases and government facilities in the Southeast.
Other FEDCON sessions will address critical and timely topics, including supplier, service contract and opportunities for public-private partnerships, small business programs and utilization, budget impacts, contracting processes and both pre- and post-award legal issues for federal contractors. FEDCON “Meet and Greet” sessions allow businesses to meet one-on-one and market themselves to federal agencies that buy construction, public works and engineering services and products in the Southeast.
Confirmed Government Participation Includes:
- Department of the Navy Renewable Energy Program Office
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Fort Belvoir Directorate of Public Works
- Fort Bragg Directorate of Public Works
- Fort Jackson Directorate of Public Works
- Fort Lee Directorate of Public Works
- Fort Stewart Directorate of Public Works
- General Services Administration (Fort Bragg/Camp Lejeune, Region 4 and Public Buildings Service)
- Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point
- Marine Corps Installations East/Camp Lejeune
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
- National Park Service
- Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Mid-Atlantic
- Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Southeast
- Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune
- North Carolina National Guard
- North Carolina SBTDC/PTAC
- Office of Senator Richard Burr
- Office of Senator Thom Tillis
- Office of Governor Pat McCrory
- Resident Officer in Charge of Construction, Camp Lejeune
- Seymour Johnson Air Force Base
- US Small Business Administration
- US Army Corps of Engineers (South Atlantic Division and Charleston, Norfolk, Savannah, Wilmington Districts)
- US Coast Guard Base Elizabeth City
- US Coast Guard Sector North Carolina
- US Coast Guard Shore Infrastructure Logistics Center
Pre-FEDCON summit activities include:
Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) Golf Outing. SAME Cape Fear Post will host their 5th Annual Golf Outing benefitting the Post’s Education and Mentoring Fund at the Cape Fear National at Brunswick Forest golf course.
Southeast Military Energy Roundtable. The Southeast Military Energy Roundtable (MER) provides a forum to discuss programs within the Department of Defense, federal agencies and at military installations and federal facilities to enhance energy security, to meet federally mandated targets and to achieve agency goals for clean energy – including energy conservation and energy generated from renewable sources. The Roundtable is one step in a process to create the best environment in the United States for bases and facilities to sustain their mission capabilities, while achieving their energy and sustainability goals, growing jobs, expanding the economy and securing the long-term presence of military bases and federal facilities throughout the southeast. (See related story.)
FEDCON Summit Riverside Welcome Social. A Riverside Welcome Social for the FEDCON Summit sponsored by Gregory Poole Equipment Company and Caterpillar will be held on Oct. 28 at the Wilmington Convention Center from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Attendees must be registered to attend the Summit on Oct. 29.
For more information on the 2015 FEDCON Summit, please visit: www.ncmbc.us/2015FEDCON.php.