The Steel Erectors Association of America (SEAA), headquartered in Winston-Salem, has confirmed the election of David Schulz of Schulz Iron Works Inc., Raleigh as president-elect. Currently a member of the executive committee, he will take office in 2018.
All other officers will complete their two-year term in 2018. They are:
Sitting president: Josh Cilley, American Steel and Precast Erectors and Buckner Companies
Vice-president, associate: Carrie Gulajan, Construction Insurance Agency Inc.
Treasurer: Geoff Kress, Gardner-Watson Decking Inc.
Secretary: Chris Legnon, Cooper Steel
Immediate past-president: Steve Burkholder, S&R Enterprises LLC
Board members confirmed for the 2017-2019 term are:
- Bob Beckner, Peterson Beckner Industries Inc., has been a member of SEAA since 1993 and has served as a past president.
- Dave Brown, United Rentals, is serving in his second term with the board.
- Bryan McClure, MSC Safety Solutions, is a new addition to the board, and has been involved with the association since the early 1990s.
- Jack Metcalf, National Institute of Steel Detailing, is a long-time member, having served on the board for more than five terms.
- Jim Simonson, Steel Service Corp., returns to the board after previously filling an open position.
- Ben Wadlington, Bracken Construction Co. Inc., joins the board for the first time, and has been a member of the association for many years.