The North Carolina Military Business Center (NCMBC) says it will host several agency-specific, one-hour web conferences (WEBCONs) with federal agencies, small businesses and federal contractors nationwide during the third quarter.
The intent of these one-hour WEBCONs is to:
- sustain the defense industrial base during the COVID-19 crisis
- keep small businesses engaged in the federal market during this crisis
- help agencies meet requirements and complete acquisitions in FY2020, despite the COVID-19 crisis.
Execution. During the WEBCON, federal agencies may present and field questions regarding:
- Planned acquisitions during 3Q and 4Q FY2020
- Special COVID-19 acquisitions during FY2020
- Anticipated acquisition strategy/vehicles for FY2020 acquisitions (GSA, FedBid, DIBBS, etc.)
- Existing contracts/contractors with subcontractor/supplier opportunities
- Small business utilization goals and accomplishments through 2Q FY2020
- Base access, defense “critical items,” Defense Production Act and related considerations
- Other topics, including factors impacting your processes and contractor performance on future acquisitions
Registration. Registration is required for each WEBCON in order for businesses to receive the session-specific Zoom log-in information. There is no cost to attend.
- Defense Logistics Agency – Aviation: April 22, 2020 at 1100. Registration.
- US Army Corps of Engineers, Wilmington District: April 24, 2020 at 1100. Registration.
- US Army Corps of Engineers, Savannah District: April 29, 2020 at 1100. Registration.
Upcoming WEBCONs (dates TBD).
- Defense Logistics Agency – Troop Support Center (Clothing and Textiles)
- Defense Logistics Agency – Troop Support Center (Medical)
- US Army Special Operations Command, US Special Operations Command
- Mission and Installation Contracting Command Center – Fort Bragg
- Naval Facilities Engineering Command Mid-Atlantic
- Marine Corps Installations East Contracting Office
- Department of Veterans Affairs, VISN 6, VISN 7