Sen. Richard Burr, Senator Sen. Thom Tillis, Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) and the North Carolina Military Business Center (NCMBC) will host the 14th Annual North Carolina Defense and Economic Development Trade Show on Aug. 3 at FTCC’s Horace Sisk Gymnasium (2201 Hull Road, Fayetteville, NC) from 10:30 am – 3:00 pm.
“The Defense Trade Show (DTS) at FTCC brings together more major defense contractors, North Carolina businesses, military and federal agencies and Congressional delegation members than any other event in our State,” said Scott Dorney, NCMBC executive director. “This full day includes a trade show with over 100 indoor and outdoor exhibitors, military static displays and personnel from Fort Bragg’s XVIII Airborne Corps and Pope Army Airfield, prime contractor networking sessions and procurement-related educational activities. This combination of activities, and the Fort Bragg contracting office’s fourth quarter forecast event, make the Defense Trade Show a unique, ‘must attend’ event for businesses interested or currently working in the defense and federal marketplace.”
At the DTS, businesses have the opportunity to build relationships with senior representatives from the Congressional delegation, the Department of Defense (DoD), other federal agencies and numerous defense contracting firms, including North Carolina small businesses.
Senator Burr and Senator Tillis will both kick-off the DTS with an official ribbon cutting.
- Major General Jefforey Smith, Deputy Commanding General of the XVIII Airborne Corps (Fort Bragg)
- Major General Al Aycock, Director of Operations, Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff for Installation Management (Pentagon)
- Richard Holcomb, deputy to the commanding general, US Army Special Operations Command (Fort Bragg)
Fort Bragg’s Contracting Office Fourth Quarter Forecast Event.
- Conducted in conjunction with the DTS.
- Located in Cumberland Hall Auditorium on the FTCC campus from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
Military Installation and Federal Participation.
- US Special Operations Command
- II Marine Expeditionary Force (II MEF, Camp Lejeune)
- XVIII Airborne Corps (Fort Bragg)
- US Army Special Operations Command (Fort Bragg)
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- General Services Administration
- Mission and Installation Contracting Command (Fort Bragg)
- Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command (Camp Lejeune)
- Marine Corps Installations East (Camp Lejeune)
- Naval Facilities Engineering Command (Camp Lejeune)
- Seymour Johnson Air Force Base
- US Army Corps of Engineers (Wilmington District)
- US Army Research Office
- US Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration
- US Small Business Administration
Fort Bragg andPope Army Airfield Static Displays and Military Demonstrations.
XVIII Airborne Corps:
Infantry Squad Static Display
MRAP Static Display
Uparmored HMMWV w/weapon system static display and crew
Parachute Packing Demonstration
RG31 Static Display
Avenger Static Display
Pope Army Airfield
18th Air Support Operations Group, 18th Weather Squadron
18th Air Support Operations Group, 14th Air Support Operations Squadron
43rd Airlift Group, 43rd Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron
440th Airlift Wing, 440th Operations Group
Special Military Demonstration. XVIII Airborne Corps soldiers will demonstrate the controlled opening of multiple parachute systems. These parachutes are currently employed to deliver paratroopers and equipment during forced entry operations.
Attendance. The DTS reflects the business community’s support for military and civilians who protect our freedoms everyday. Attendance at the DTS is free and open to the public. Over 700 individuals will attend at the DTS.
For more information or to register for the DTS, visit: http://www.ncmbc.us/2015DTS.php.