- Recently Passed State Laws Affect NC Construction IndustryPosted 1 week ago
- Construction Costs Rise in November as Labor Costs ClimbPosted 1 week ago
- NC Construction Employment Falls Over Past 12 MonthsPosted 1 week ago
- ABC of the Carolinas Honors Contractors at Excellence in Construction Awards BanquetPosted 1 week ago
- Construction Backlog Unchanged Between Second and Third QuarterPosted 2 weeks ago
- NC Manufacturing Shows Signs of RecoveryPosted 2 weeks ago
- North Carolina Injury and Illness Rate Hits Historic LowPosted 3 weeks ago
- Report Predicts Uptick in Industrial Building ConstructionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Nov-Dec 2013 NC Construction News Magazine Posted OnlinePosted 4 weeks ago
- North Carolina Subcontractors Alliance Gives Voice to Area TradesPosted 4 weeks ago
NCMBC Hosts Teaming Forum
The North Carolina Military Business Center, Central Carolina Community College and partners will host the Consolidated Federal Construction Teaming Forum on May 8 at the Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center (1801 Nash Street) in Sanford, North Carolina from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm.
The Consolidated Federal Construction Teaming Forum will showcase out-of-state general contractors looking for North Carolina subcontractors and suppliers, and provide an opportunity for in-state, multiple-award contract holders to connect with large and small business teaming partners.
Out-of-state general contractors will brief the audience on their company, types of work they are pursuing, types of trades/subcontractors needed, small business efforts, and contact information. Throughout the Forum, both out-of-state and North Carolina general contractors will be available at designated networking tables to discuss teaming opportunities with specialty contractors, suppliers, design firms and other companies in attendance.
“This teaming forum will provide North Carolina general and specialty contractors, suppliers and designers an unprecedented opportunity to connect with prime contractors doing millions of dollars of federal construction work in our state,” said Scott Dorney, NCMBC Executive Director. “Small businesses from around the state should leverage this unique opportunity to grow their construction business for the remainder of 2012 and beyond.”
Participating General Contractors and Current Federal Contract Holders (as of 4/5/12) include: Whiting-Turner, Mortenson Construction, Sundt Construction, Walbridge Construction, Turner Construction, Hourigan Construction, Barnhill Construction/SFL+A Architects, Gurlitz Architects/Tyler Construction and IAP Leopardo.
To review the current work these general contractors are conducting, and/or current multiple award contracts held, visit the NCMBC web page “Current prime contractors at NC military installations“ and/or “Current construction multiple award contract holders at NC military installations.”
This event is free to attend. Registration will close when the event reaches capacity. Click here to register for the event.