- New Fort Bragg Conference and Catering Center recognizes tradition while bringing modern standards to military base
- Wake Technical Community College offers Heavy Equipment Operator training program
- UNC Coastal Studies Institute Research Building wins architecture award
- CAGC testifies to legislative committee on prequalification
- Construction law alert
- North Carolina Construction News briefs
- 2013 Carolinas Associated General Contractors (CAGC) Pinnacle Award winners
- Bluesphere reports recognition of receipt of air permit for waste-to-energy project in Charlotte
- Construction starts on new NHRMC emergency department
- Nexsen Pruet to host Construction Breakfast Briefing this month
NCMBC Hosts Teaming Forum
The North Carolina Military Business Center, Central Carolina Community College and partners will host the Consolidated Federal Construction Teaming Forum on May 8 at the Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center (1801 Nash Street) in Sanford, North Carolina from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm.
The Consolidated Federal Construction Teaming Forum will showcase out-of-state general contractors looking for North Carolina subcontractors and suppliers, and provide an opportunity for in-state, multiple-award contract holders to connect with large and small business teaming partners.
Out-of-state general contractors will brief the audience on their company, types of work they are pursuing, types of trades/subcontractors needed, small business efforts, and contact information. Throughout the Forum, both out-of-state and North Carolina general contractors will be available at designated networking tables to discuss teaming opportunities with specialty contractors, suppliers, design firms and other companies in attendance.
“This teaming forum will provide North Carolina general and specialty contractors, suppliers and designers an unprecedented opportunity to connect with prime contractors doing millions of dollars of federal construction work in our state,” said Scott Dorney, NCMBC Executive Director. “Small businesses from around the state should leverage this unique opportunity to grow their construction business for the remainder of 2012 and beyond.”
Participating General Contractors and Current Federal Contract Holders (as of 4/5/12) include: Whiting-Turner, Mortenson Construction, Sundt Construction, Walbridge Construction, Turner Construction, Hourigan Construction, Barnhill Construction/SFL+A Architects, Gurlitz Architects/Tyler Construction and IAP Leopardo.
To review the current work these general contractors are conducting, and/or current multiple award contracts held, visit the NCMBC web page “Current prime contractors at NC military installations” and/or “Current construction multiple award contract holders at NC military installations.”
This event is free to attend. Registration will close when the event reaches capacity. Click here to register for the event.