- Construction Employment Data Indicates Mixed Results in the CarolinasPosted 2 days ago
- May/June 2013 Current IssuePosted 6 days ago
- Anti-LEED House Bill 628 Passes NC HousePosted 7 days ago
- NC House Government Defeats Bidding Bill Opposed by CAGCPosted 14 days ago
- Construction Unemployment Drops to 13.2 PercentPosted 15 days ago
- Housing Responsible for 20% of Total Economic ExpansionPosted 15 days ago
- Contractors: Reach Out to Get Government WorkPosted 15 days ago
- Legislative Update Regarding Bills Affecting NC Construction IndustryPosted 16 days ago
- LEED Green Building Certification on the LinePosted 16 days ago
- Free NCMBC Construction Teaming Forum Event May 22Posted 17 days ago
‘Build Your Future’ Career Center connects craftsmen with job opportunities
As part of its continuing effort to narrow the skills gap in the construction industry, the Build Your Future (BYF) campaign has launched a new Career Center aimed at connecting aspiring young people and credentialed craft professionals with rewarding career opportunities. The BYF Career Center is a comprehensive resource providing a wide range of valuable tools for both employers and job seekers.
For employers looking to hire craft professionals, the BYF Career Center can get job postings in front of a workforce with the skills needed on industrial and commercial construction projects. Companies with open positions can post them in the job bank or search available resumes for ideal candidates using pre-screen filters or by sorting candidates by craft area. The search function for mployers also highlights candidates with NCCER credentials and military experience to help identify job seekers with highly desirable skill sets.
For Career and Technical Education (CTE) students looking for their first jobs in the industry or skilled craft professionals looking to advance their careers, the BYF Career Center is an ideal resource. Job seekers are able to quickly apply for construction industry jobs, set up job alerts to be notified when jobs are posted matching their skills or interests, create job seeker profiles, upload their resumes to increase visibility to employers, and access job searching tools and tips. As the economy recovers and the current construction ndustry workforce continues to retire, the demand for skilled craft professionals will only increase. The BYF Career Center was created to help address this critical issue by linking craft professionals with the industry employers who are searching for their skills.
The Build Your Future (BYF) campaign is a collaborative grassroots approach to construction workforce forecasting and development that includes recruitment, training, placement, retention and image enhancement strategies. The ultimate goal of the campaign is to lead new potential industry recruits as well as incumbent workers to opportunities for job placement, advanced education and training and ultimately, long-term rewarding careers in construction. BYF is led by NCCER as part of the Choose Construction Initiative, and is supported by ABC, AGC, CURT and CLMA. For more information, visit www.byf.org.