- Construction Employment Data Indicates Mixed Results in the CarolinasPosted 4 days ago
- May/June 2013 Current IssuePosted 9 days ago
- Anti-LEED House Bill 628 Passes NC HousePosted 9 days ago
- NC House Government Defeats Bidding Bill Opposed by CAGCPosted 17 days ago
- Construction Unemployment Drops to 13.2 PercentPosted 17 days ago
- Housing Responsible for 20% of Total Economic ExpansionPosted 17 days ago
- Contractors: Reach Out to Get Government WorkPosted 17 days ago
- Legislative Update Regarding Bills Affecting NC Construction IndustryPosted 19 days ago
- LEED Green Building Certification on the LinePosted 19 days ago
- Construction Jobs Declined in 7 of 13 NC Metro AreasPosted 23 days ago
NC masonry contractors elect new officers
Officers for the 2012-2014 term were elected at the North Carolina Masonry Contractors Association Convention at the Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa in Asheville.
Pictured left to right, new president Gary Joyner, Joyner Masonry Works, Greenville, NC; Western Regional Vice President Don Caldwell, C & R Masonry, Candler; President-Elect Ashlee K. Moore, Koontz Masonry, Lexington, NC; out-going president and Board Chairman Larry Kirby, Kirby Construction Services, Conover; Secretary-Treasurer Bob Gates, Gates Construction Company, Mooresville; and Chris Bruner, Central Regional Vice President, Gates Construction Company, Mooresville.
Not pictured, James “Bo” Black, Carolina Masonry Unlimited, Fuquay-Varina, Eastern Regional Vice President.
Joyner is the first to repeat as NCMCA president, having also been president for the 1987-1989 term. Mooreis the first female and the first third-generation president-elect. Her grandfather, the late Belton Koontz, was president in 1976-77, and her father Freddy Koontz was president for the 1998-2000 term.
Larry Kirby is the first out-going president to be presented the newly created “Glenn W. Sipe Presidential Service Award,” named to honor NCMCA’s first president elected in April 1974. Mr Sipe, now 91 years old, was present for the installation of officers and the presentation of the new award. Read More.