The Carolinas AGC two hour seminar will cover the major, recently enacted revisions to North Carolina’s lien and public bond law statutes. House Bill 1052 and Senate Bill 42 were signed into law this July, and will take effect respectively in January and April 2013. The new laws substantially modify the steps that all parties will have to take to protect their interests—regardless of whether they are an owner, buyer, contractor or sub/supplier. In particular, the new laws impose significant new notice requirements for both public and private work. This seminar will be taught by attorneys that were intimately involved in passing the legislation and will cover in detail what the changes are and what you’ll need to do to protect your interests starting in 2013. Attendees will receive a written summary of the lien laws as amended and a copy of the Power Point presentation presented and have ample opportunity to ask questions from the presenting attorneys.
- Construction Employment Data Indicates Mixed Results in the CarolinasPosted 5 days ago
- May/June 2013 Current IssuePosted 9 days ago
- Anti-LEED House Bill 628 Passes NC HousePosted 9 days ago
- NC House Government Defeats Bidding Bill Opposed by CAGCPosted 17 days ago
- Construction Unemployment Drops to 13.2 PercentPosted 18 days ago
- Housing Responsible for 20% of Total Economic ExpansionPosted 18 days ago
- Contractors: Reach Out to Get Government WorkPosted 18 days ago
- Legislative Update Regarding Bills Affecting NC Construction IndustryPosted 19 days ago
- LEED Green Building Certification on the LinePosted 19 days ago
- Construction Jobs Declined in 7 of 13 NC Metro AreasPosted 23 days ago
CAGC Lien/Double Payment Seminars
« Back to Events
This event has passed.